Essential Evidence Plus Accessibility Statement
Wiley is committed to unlocking human potential, empowering our customers to achieve success in both their educational and professional careers. Wiley continues to innovate and evolve to make knowledge and learning accessible, both as a company and as people who are passionate about education. Accessible products ensure that all researchers, learners, and educators have equal access to information, learning tools, and functionality regardless of age, ability, or situation. We are dedicated to ensuring accessibility in our digital products and endeavor to make Essential Evidence Plus accessible to everyone.
How Essential Evidence Plus supports accessibility
We measure accessibility according to the standards set by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 A/AA, Revised Section 508 of the US Rehabilitation Act, and EN 301 549. Achieving our accessibility goals involves:
Following the born-accessible principle for all new feature/functionality releases and including accessibility requirements in all development phases:
- User experience and design: We strive to apply inclusive design principles when designing for the needs of people with permanent, temporary, situational, and changing disabilities. This includes fundamental needs around typography, color contrast, structure, page titles, links, focus order, forms, images and infographics, components, touch targets, device dependent interactions, and orientation.
- Development: We implement accessibility improvements throughout the calendar year. Recent improvements have been released to better support several modes of interaction (mouse, touch, keyboard, screen readers, etc.) and accessibility semantics (name, role, and state).
- Quality assurance: We test product improvements using a combination of automated tools and manual processes prior to release.
- Committing to future accessibility work. Accessibility is a journey and development teams continue to prioritize accessibility features that are the most impactful for our customers. We continue to work toward WCAG AA compliance and the release of a Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT).
- Providing Wiley personnel at all levels of the organization with ongoing accessibility training and documentation to ensure that they have the knowledge and skills needed to produce quality products and services.
- Supporting colleagues and creating a culture of disability inclusion through our Awareness for Visible and Invisible Disabilities (AVID) Employee Resource Group.
- Promoting digital accessibility awareness and solving for accessibility concerns through the development of effective solutions and best practices via our Wiley Accessibility Guild.
Accessibility is an ambitious goal and achieving it requires continued collaboration with our colleagues and customers. We welcome the opportunity to meet with customers to discuss our accessibility initiatives, hear feedback from your own testing of Essential Evidence Plus, address questions or concerns, and give you assurance that Wiley can meet your accessibility needs. Should you have any questions or feedback, please email us at [email protected].
Wiley is a knowledge company and a global leader in research, publishing, and knowledge solutions. Dedicated to the creation and application of knowledge, Wiley serves the world’s researchers, learners, innovators, and leaders, helping them achieve their goals and solve the world's most important challenges. For more than two centuries, Wiley has been delivering on its timeless mission to unlock human potential.
Wiley is a founding member of the AccessText Network and a member of the Association of American Publisher’s Critical Issues Task Force, the IMS Global Learning Consortium, and the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). Each initiative aims to streamline the delivery of accessible content to learners with disabilities. Wiley continues to invest in the future of accessible products and services through ongoing research, development, and training. By keeping pace with accessibility requirements, Wiley intends to continue to provide high-quality products for every type of learner.